I came up with the idea to start an accountability group with a small group of women who were also trying to balance productivity, work and life. I kept hearing that having an accountability partner was so beneficial in helping you stay on track. Several ladies suggested group me as a good starting point. So I set it up and waited. As the ladies started to slowly join, I began to enjoy sharing my weekly goals, tips and giving feedback. We all had very different businesses and some of us had kids and full time jobs, it felt like a mini sisterhood, with our entrepreneurial endeavors as the common thread. Though some of the ladies didn’t personally know each other, it was a safe circle to share. My hope is that we continue to encourage and push each other to utilize everyday.
I have already found so many benefits from accountability and wanted to share:
- Boosts your action. Being able to share “I started”, “I took a leap” always feels good when you have people rooting for you.
- It has helped me better clarify my vision, plans and goals. The practicing with time makes it easier and easier.
- it has helped me be more responsible in sticking to my weekly, blocking schedule
- it has helped me set more realistic goals
- I will be able to see my progress and looking back
- The encouragement you gain is invaluable
- I have loved the feedback i have been able to not only give but recieve